ABOUT THIS EVENT
Arts & DIY
Join us at Schnarr's Hardware in Webster Groves to learn how to use reclaimed wood pieces to make a frame that fits an 8 1/2 x 11-inch picture. This size frame is a good size for award certificates and other common documents that you might want to display. Tools and materials will be provided. You will learn techniques that you can use to design and build your own frames from your choice of wood scraps. Save a ton of money by gaining skills you can use by making your own unique frames for your home decor while gaining the satisfaction of saving materials from the landfill.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Some extra supplies will be available to purchase if you want to keep working on your own but it is not necessary to purchase anything other than the class ticket to participate in the class.
Wood, tools, metal, chipboard, hardware
What You Can Expect
- Learn to build simple picture frames
- Learn to design frames from reclaimed wood
- Learn to fabricate hardware for the back of the frame using simple tools
- Learn how to recycle wood pieces
- Learn about sources of low cost reclaimed materials for your DIY projects