ABOUT THIS EVENT
Have you ever…
- Wanted to check out a dating prospect you met online?
- Wondered who that missed call was from?
- Wondered how much the top brass makes at your nonprofit?
- Got frustrated trying to Google something and getting nowhere?
- Wondered what happened to a classmate?
Many people aren’t aware have how much information is legally and openly available to the public – nor do they know how to get it. This class will teach you tips, tricks and tools used by practiced private investigators for tracking down information using nothing more than a web browser and an internet connection.
Taught by a licensed private investigator, this course will cover the basics of online public records, smart Google searches, advanced social media searches and more.
In this two-hour class you’ll come away knowing how to:
- Check out a prospective date, renter, business partner or other “person of interest”
- Find out how much the top earners make at the nonprofit or business you’re considering working for
- Find cached pages removed from the web and travel with an internet time machine to see what the web looked like in 1999
- Access free tools and apps for reverse dialing, advanced social media lookups and more
- Use Boolean searches to reduce your search time and get more accurate search results
- How to search safely/discreetly and keep your identity protected in online transactions
All ages welcomeCancellation Policy
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
A freelance journalist, researcher and licensed private investigator, April Thompson has received training in private investigation from the Elite Investigation & Protection Agency in Springfield, as well as Brian Willingham’s master course in open source investigations from Pursuit Institute.