DIY Rainbow Sushi Workshop
Food & Drink
Learn to make your own sushi filled with vegetables and fruit of all the colors of the rainbow.
With over 12 years as a sushi chef, Alyssa --joined by her wife/assistant Bethany, who teaches macrame and shibori-inspired dyeing at CRAFT! -- will lead us in this super fun and delicious plant-based workshop. We will cover traditional techniques such as making the perfect sushi rice, mixing wasabi, rolling Maki and Futomaki, working with your sushi knife, creating a sushi station with all the appropriate accessories, and plating and serving.
And we will, of course, eat our wonderful creations! You will leave with leftovers (if you have any!), your sushi mat to continue the fun, and the foundation to develop mad sushi skills.
Great for singles, couples, and groups; come to this workshop to learn + build skills using beautiful food in an inclusive and encouraging atmosphere!
In this workshop, you will:
- Eat sushi you make!
- learn and play in an intimate class, with one-on-one assistance from Bethany and Alyssa as needed
- practice knife skills and tips/tricks for cutting vegetables like a superstar
- learn how to cook perfect sushi rice
- experience freshly mixed wasabi
- practice using your sushi mat with different roll styles
- set up a sushi station to wow yourself and your guests
- leave with your sushi mat, recipes/guides, and leftovers
All ages welcome
Reservations required. Sorry, no kids.
Workshops are refundable up to 48 hours in advance.
CRAFT is Austin's walk-in craft room, a giant, all-you-can-make buffet of arts and crafts supplies. For $10 an hour, guests have access to professional acrylic paints, a vast glitter collection, rubber stamps, wood scraps, Legos, and so much more. For people who want to learn a specific craft or want more guidance, we offer workshops. For buffet crafting, just come on in during our regular hours; for workshops, please book in advance. We also offer corporate outings and other events. No kids.