ABOUT THIS EVENT
Arts & DIY
Stay in your jammies, grab a cup of hot cocoa and join me for a virtual waxed canvas zippered pouch sewing class. I began working with waxed canvas as an alternative to leather. Waxed canvas ages similarly to leather and I wanted to work with a sturdy material for bags that would last. Waxed canvas filled that bucket! This is my first virtual class and I hope you'll join me in sewing a waxed canvas zippered pouch. If you'd still like to make a zippered pouch without the waxed canvas I recommend a medium weight canvas fabric.
My plan is that you'll finish the zippered pouch within the class, but you will receive the video recording after if you need to review it. You'll also receive full written instructions when you sign up.
Basic understanding of using your sewing machine is recommended. This class leans towards intermediate as you will be learning how to:
- Insert a zipper.
- Sew boxed corners.
I will also cover:
- Tips for sewing with waxed canvas.
WHAT YOU GET IN THE KIT:
- Instant downloadable PDF pattern and instructions.
- 10" x 13" piece of hemp waxed canvas.
- 8" close bottom YKK gold brass zipper with black tape.
- 19" - piece of 3/16" double sided leather tape.
- 8" piece of hemp rope for zipper pull.
- Got supplies at home? Opt for the $35 option for access to the virtual class.
Finished bag measurements: Approximately 8” x 2” x 5”
- Tape or glue stick
- Marking tool
- Denim sewing machine needle
- Zipper foot (Optional; see notes throughout instructions)
- Sewing machine
- Pattern weights
- Denim or heavy duty thread
- Thread trimmers
- Fabric clips
After you sign up: I'll need your address so I can get your supplies to you. Pick the color of the KIT and send it out ASAP. Cranberry is sold out.
14 years or older
Instant downloadable PDF pattern and instructions.10" x 13" piece of hemp waxed canvas.8" close bottom YKK gold brass zipper with black tape.19" - piece of 3/16" double sided leather tape.8" piece of hemp rope for zipper pull.Cancellation Policy