ABOUT THIS EVENT
Arts & DIY
Join fashion designer and mending enthusiast, Nandi Duszynski, for this fun and interactive workshop that combines hand embroidery and sashiko techniques to mend your clothes.
Nandi (rhymes with blondie) will demonstrate a couple darning techniques for repairing woven garments (think jeans, buttons down shirts). I encourage you to practice the skill on a scrap or an item of clothing you don't mind practicing on. There will be lots of time for questions and feedback on repair projects you need help on. Bring something you'd like to repair.
All materials will be provided. If you want a specific fabric/darning color, bring your own.
To take part:
- Please wear a mask if you're unvaccinated
- Three person minimum - class will be rescheduled if class size is not met
Your ticket includes the following Materials:
- Sashiko thread
- Sashiko needles
- Straight pins
- Fabric for practicing
You may also want to bring your own materials for specific mending projects:
- A selection of fabrics to work on for practice - or if you’re feeling confident, you can work directly on an item that needs repair. Nandi recommends starting with a practice piece so you can practice your stitching skills.
- Patching fabric - match the fabric patch with whatever you're mending - i.e. cotton with cotton / linen with linen (never use fabric that is stronger than the item you’re mending, rather choose something that matches or is lighter in weight).
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- If BLISS JOY BULL needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
- If you're unable to attend the workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts.
- Materials are included in the fee for the workshop.
All ages welcome
Sashiko threadSashiko needlesStraight pinsBeeswaxFabric for practicing
What You Can Expect From This Experience
- Simple darning techniques
- Mend your clothes
- Beginner sewing skils
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
Nandi (rhymes with blondie) is the owner of BLISS JOY BULL a women's clothing and accessories brand based in Chicago. She loves hand crafting and sewing. She has a DIY attitude and is willing to share. Nandi designs, cuts, and sews everything herself out of her Chicago studio.