ABOUT THIS EVENT
Food & Drink
Join trained chef and baking instructor Kristin “Baker Bettie” Hoffman for a hands on summer pie workshop. In this workshop we will learn to make a flaky pie dough from scratch. We will make two pie fillings and practice a crimping and decorating the pie with our dough.
IN THIS CLASS WE WILL COVER:
- How to make the perfect flaky pie crust
- How to prevent your pie crust from shrinking
- Blind baking
- Lemon curd filling
- Triple berry filling
- Rolling out and Crimping the Dough
- Preventing a soggy bottom
- Lattice top crust
- Meringue Topping
YOUR TICKET INCLUDES:
- A three hour workshop with all materials included
- Pie to sample and coffee during the class
- Each student will take home two individual pies: a triple berry pie, and a lemon meringue pie
All ingredients and equipment.
Custom Cancellation Policy
No cancelations. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please message Baker Bettie with the "Message Host" button below.
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
Kristin "Baker Bettie" Hoffman is a trained chef, baking science geek, and the baking instructor here at BakerBettie.com. Kristin's approach to baking is to teach foundational recipes, baking techniques, and approachable baking science. Her belief is that gaining an understanding of the processes and the "whys" in baking helps foster confidence in the kitchen.