ABOUT THIS EVENT
Fitness & Wellness
What does being aware look like? How can I keep myself safe during and after a carjacking? This workshop will address your concerns.
With the rising concern of carjacking across Chicagoland, we are going to address the things you can do to remain safe and stay aware of your surroundings.
We will break down the stages of a carjacking situation, discuss where carjackings are likely to occur, and give you specific examples of how to survey your surroundings and what to look for.
Attending this workshop will help you:
- Identify unsafe situations.
- Understand what the potential carjacker is looking for.
- Assess your comfort level with addressing violence.
- Learn the steps you can take during each stage of the carjacking.
- and Protect yourself, your passengers, and your car.
While carjacking is a highly stressful event, you can learn specific actions that will help you make informed decisions.
16 years or older
Parent or guardian required if under 18
What You Can Expect From This Experience
- Awareness of specific environmental cues
- Identify unsafe situations
- Assess your comfort level with addressing violence
- Learn the steps you can take at each stage of the carjacking
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
Torriente Toliver has been involved in martial arts for over 20 years and has been teaching for 9 years. He has earned the black belt rank in Youn Wha Ryu Taekwondo, Pagoda Ryu Karate, Tsai Family Style Kung Fu, and C.U.M.A. (combined universal martial applications) Combatives. He fused the traditional martial arts into a style of kickboxing and self-defense which transcends the limitations of any one art. Even in group classes each student develops as an individual. Torriente uses his background as a classroom teacher to develop physically rigorous, mentally demanding, and wildly exciting classes.