Tap Into Your Personal Power: 4 Class Series
Fitness & WellnessNote: This is a multi-session event series. By purchasing the event package, you acknowledge that you can attend all event dates included below.
This course will meet every Wednesday for 4 weeks from 2/24 - 3/16 from 6:30-9:00pm.
The Path is an experiential journey of self-discovery and empowerment that is comprised of 6 courses know as "Steps". For full details, visit www.rootedcenter.com/the-path
This course is Step 1 of The Path: "Get Grounded" and is designed to help you identify emotional flags and lay the groundwork for emotional awareness so that you can begin to know your true self and have power over your own mind and actions.
WHAT WILL WE DO IN STEP 1 OF THE PATH?
• Identify what holds you back from feeling your emotions
• Consciously create a safe space for yourself and others to feel fully
• Uncover your emotional avoidance tactics
• Build up your emotional vocabulary
• Begin to associate feelings with words and physical locations
• Practice processing emotions
HOW DO WE DO IT?
Trained facilitators will guide you through individual, partnered, and group exercises. The environment is judgment-free and empathetic, and you will be encouraged to stay true to yourself and trust your own process. Carefully designed activities include the following:
• Interactive discussions and demonstrations rather than lectures
• Visualizations to gently tap into your emotions
• Visual art exercises to peel away barriers
• Expressive writing exercises to internalize and explore experiences
• Tools to integrate what you learn into your everyday life
Just bring your wonderful self and a willingness to explore!
All ages welcome
We will provide all materials necessary for class and a safe, judgment-free spaceCancellation Policy
Rooted Self Expression Center is a safe and judgment-free space where trained facilitators, Shruti, Jacquelynn, Freddie, Justine & Katie, use the creative and experiential activities as tools for you to explore yourself and connect with others. To see individual bios for Rooted's facilitators, visit www.rootedcenter.com/about-us
Rooted Self Expression Center is top-rated by Dabble, has been featured by Chicago Sun-Times, DNAinfo, Crain's, Glossed & Found, and chosen to host a lab for Chicago Ideas Week in 2014, which “…brings together hundreds of the world’s brightest thought leaders to inspire, connect, and activate the city of Chicago and beyond!” Purewow.com features Rooted as one of “Chicago’s most genius fixes for repairing our flubs and keeping our lives on track”. To learn more about Roooted, visit www.rootedcenter.com