Natural Lotion Making Class
This hands-on class is for those who want to learn how to make & customize their own lotion and stop buying store-bought, manufactured lotions that are laden with chemicals, toxins and alcohol. Natural lotion is made with natural oils, butters & other skin-nourishing ingredients like aloe vera; there are no chemicals and nothing that will dry out your skin, so you only need to use a small amount to fully moisturize your skin. You will notice that your skin will become softer & more moisturized over time by switching to natural lotion.
We'll cover the following:
- the differences between manufactured lotions & natural, homemade ones, including why certain chemicals are added to manufactured lotions & how they are harmful
- how to use an online, ingredient checker at ewg.org; this website allows you to check the potential toxicity of ingredients (natural & synthetic) found in personal-care products
- the different types of natural lotions and their pros & cons, including how to work with preservatives and make a sunscreen or bug-repellent lotion
- the materials needed & where to get them, as well as the lotion recipe and how to adjust it based on your personal preferences
- making & customizing your lotion (what I call water-based lotion) with the ingredients that work best for your skin type (e.g. jojoba oil for sensitive skin, coconut milk for dry/damaged skin, lavender essential oil for acne-prone skin)
All ages welcome
Everything is provided in the class, including some snacks and tea.Cancellation Policy
Jemal is the CEO and Chief Dabbler of Dabble. He is an ultra-runner, aspiring fiddler & an all-around jack-of-all-trades - including throwing knives, whiskey tasting, candlemaking, bookbinding, car maintenance, home repair, omelette making, and more! Originally from the Pacific Northwest then a farm in Missouri, Jemal loves exploring Chicago.