ABOUT THIS EVENT
Food & Drink
Wow! This is a fun and delicious one!
Learn decorating basics of frosting piping and flooding with professional cookie/cake decorator Becca Brink -- as well as insider tips like how to stretch your fingers and hands to avoid fatigue. Leave with a project that will absolutely blow your friends/family away.
When you register, choose to make a gingerbread house to display or a community of ginger people. You can also register as a pair and work on your final project together. Everyone will have the opportunity to practice with the piping bag and receive feedback from Becca on form and technique.
In this workshop, you will:
- eat, obviously.
- learn how to fill, hold, and use a piping bag for basic icing techniques.
- practice on wax paper like the professionals and on cookies and cookie scraps.
- after practicing, decorate your choice of a final project: a gingerbread house or 10 gingerbread people.
- hear insider tricks like special stretches and about piping connectors.
- behold a beautiful giant bowl of frosting. (Trust us: This is worthy of its own bullet point.)
- learn about different frosting consistencies for different applications and how to do more decorating at home.
- learn in a small class setting with individual attention from Becca.
- take home gingerbread and icing recipes.
- leave with your 1) practice pieces and 2a) a complete gingerbread house for display OR 2b) a community of ginger people for display or eating.
Vegan and delicious!
All ages welcome
Reservations required. Changes may be made to your reservation up to 72 hours before the start of class. No children.
Custom Cancellation Policy
One ticket admits one person. 72-hour cancellation notice.
There are currently no upcoming dates scheduled for this Dabble. Log in to an account message the host or add to your bucket list to be automatically notified when new dates are posted.
MORE ABOUT YOUR HOST
an all-you-can-make buffet of arts and crafts supplies
CRAFT is a walk-in craft room for grown-ups, owned and operated by native Austinites. We’re open six days a week for Open Crafting. We also host the best creative and yummy workshops in town!
Just walk in (no appointment needed) and we’ll give you a tour to orient you to our all-you-can-make buffet of arts and crafts supplies.
We also welcome date nights, bachelorette parties, corporate team building events, birthday parties, and any other excuse to have fun and get artsy. We are everyone’s craft room and our studio is a creative, judgment-free zone.